Ads Here

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

YOUR THOUGHTS SHAPE YOUR LIFE (Self-improvement)

Your lifestyle is a guided by your environment and to a greater extent influenced by your thoughts.If your thoughts are guided by positive emotions,you are bound to live a happy life.Most often,negative emotions come in to distort the way you think;giving room to fear,hatred,jealousy just name a few.Below are two my articles on Lifestyle: 1)HOW TO HANDLE ADVERSITY IN YOUR LIFE. A daughter complained to her father about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as if one problem was solved, a new one arose. Her father, a chief, took her to the kitchen. He filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to a boil. In one he placed carrots, in the second he placed eggs, and in the last he placed ground coffee beans. He let them sit and boil, without saying a word. The daughter sucked her teeth and impatiently waited, wondering what he was doing. In about twenty minutes he turned off the burners. He fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them a bowl. Then he ladled the coffee out and placed it in a mug. Turning to her he asked, 'Darling, what do you see?' 'Carrots, eggs, and coffee,' she replied. He brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. She smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. She humbly asked. 'What does it mean, Father?' He explained that each of them had faced the same adversity, boiling water, but each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. But after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior. But after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water. 'Which are you?' he asked his daughter. 'When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?' How about you, my friend? Are you the carrot that seems hard, but with pain and adversity you wilt and become soft and lose your strength? . Are you the egg, which starts off with a malleable heart? Were you a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a divorce, or a layoff have you become hardened and stiff? Your shell looks the same, but are you bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and heart? Or are you like the coffee bean? The bean changes the hot water, the thing that is bringing the pain, to its peak flavor when it reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water gets the hottest, it just tastes better. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and make things better around you. Ask yourself how you handle adversity. Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean? Read more from: http://www.health40guides.wordpress.com 2) HOW TO BE FEARLESS What does 'fearless' mean to you? My Fearless Journey You may read about my speaking engagements in my newsletters and think that this is no big deal for me. That it's easy for me to get up and speak in front of audiences. Well, up until a few years ago you would have been totally wrong! For most of my life the thought of getting up and speaking terrified me beyond belief. I was the kind of person who always sat in the back row and was extremely happy to be there! Never did I think that I would ever be a speaker. That is until I started my business in 2000. I had known for some time how wonderful it was to live in an organized home and I wanted to share my knowledge with others. I figured that if I just told others about this new business I started that my phone would ring off the hook! It didn't happen. I realized that I needed to get out and educate people on the need for organization and why they should hire me to help them. When a friend of mine offered me her spa's meeting room so that I could hold workshops, I looked at her like she was crazy! Me, get up and speak? Absolutely not. But, I am a very determined and stubborn woman, and soon realized that this was the best option for me to let others know about my expertise. As I started giving small workshops, something very interesting happened. Audience members not only began hiring me to help them get organized at home and work but also started asking me to speak to their groups. This was working! I realized something else, too. By being fearless I took back control of my life and business and started making things happen. Was I scared? Of course! Was I happy that I became fearless, took action, and saw results? Absolutely! What Fearless Means to Me To me fearless is a feeling that comes from deep within you and you can be fearless when you realize how worthwhile you are and how valuable the information is that you need to share with the world. Confidence Assignment: What do you know you need to do in your life or business to make it better? Write it down. What is one action you can take toward this goal even if it scares you? Do it, right now! Now celebrate! You are on your way to being fearless! More will be added on the other niches as the need arises.You can read more  from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment